Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1 week recap



Where to start?

Last Thursday was super busy as we prepared to leave for Wisconsin. We left on Friday morning and just returned home this afternoon. So, it seems I have some blogging to catch up on. So, what have I been up to?

On Thursday, I ran hills. UGH! I started at the top of a hill just outside of my neighborhood. I ran down the hill noticing that the hill was 4/10 of a mile. I added a little extra distance, turned around and "ran" up the FOUR TENTHS of a mile. Yep, it felt THAT long! When I got to the top, I turned around, went back down and "ran" it again. I use ran very lightly here. Is it really running and you look down only to see a 13 minute mile pace or so? After my second round on the hill (about 2 miles total), I decided to finish with an out and back 1 mile. So, it was hard and slow, but 3 miles...DONE! (35:08 -11:43 minute/mile pace)
Here are the splits:
Mile 1 - 11:55
Mile 2 - 12:15
Mile 3 - 11:33

Friday, we drove all day, arriving in at Uncle Walter's in WI about 5:00, I think. After a stroll around his property, we all threw on our swimsuits and hopped into his pool! After the pool, it was pizza time. We were up until almost 11:00 visiting with Uncle Walter, Valerie, Julie and Ronald and family. Good times!

On Saturday morning, I awoke at 5:30 anticipating that I was to get a 3 mile run in. I was anxious to run a different course than usual. I decided that 5:30 was ridiculously too early. So, I tried to get more sleep. I finally got out of bed at 6:30. I threw on all my gear, ate half of a granola bar, sipped a little bit of water and headed out. It was so flat there!!! I looked down at the Garmin at the 1 mile mark and noticed that it was a "quick" (for me) mile. I decided that instead of 3 miles I would do only one more mile, but I would push it and do another fast mile. After my 2nd mile, I walked several steps back to Walter's driveway for a few sips of water (where I left my water bottle). I decided that I felt really good and would push through and do one more fast mile. And I did it! It felt SO good! After feeling so slow lately I needed a FAST run. I was on a fast run "high" for two days! SO, 3 miles...31:47 (almost 4 minutes faster that 2 days before), average pace of 10:35!!!
Time splits:
Mile 1 - 10:48
Mile 2 - 10:23
Mile 3 - 10:33
Maybe I need to move to Wisconsin to be fast! (or just anywhere flat)

After my run it was pancakes for breakfast, followed by getting ready for the family reunion. Yeah, about that....way too much food was consumed there! Sunday, we headed even farther north to meet up with the other side of the family. Again, too much food! Monday, we head to the Twin Cities. On the way, we did a paddleboat tour on the St. Croix.
Followed by a quick stop to see Cascade Falls in Osceola, WI.
We spent Monday night in Eagan, MN. This morning we started heading home. We had a great time, but it's good to be home. I gained even more weight (ugh!). So, I have lots of work to do. The goal to to lose the weight before the Omaha half (Sept. 26).

Back to the grind tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment