Saturday, July 24, 2010

2 fast dreadmill miles...

My training schedule is at a very strange place right now. There was a 10k (6.2 miles) race scheduled the same weekend I decided to pick out my training schedule (6/26). But when tallying up my weekend long runs, compared to how many weeks there were left until Omaha half, I had one extra week left to play with. I had planned on doing one extra weekend of a 3 miler. (Long runs are planned out every other weekend on my schedule.) So, this weekend (7/25), I was scheduled for 3 miles. Next weekend (8/1), I'm scheduled for 9.5 miles. Well James and I are planning to run 9.5 together on Tuesday (7/27). I was feeling like a real slacker for not running at all this weekend. So, I decided to try a fast run on the treadmill. I have always felt uncomfortable on the treadmill. As slow as I am on the road (so to speak), I'm even slower on the treadmill. I have a hard time letting go. BUT, after my fast 3 miler last Saturday in Wisconsin (10:30-ish pace), I decided to let go and try to go fast on the treadmill. Perhaps this will help me be faster on my long 9.5 on Tuesday.

I've had a lazy day. I was supposed to be cleaning, as the in-laws arrive tomorrow. I just didn't feel like doing a thing! After reading a few favorite running blogs, I slowly started readying myself for a run on the dreadmill. James is at work...it's hellishly hot outside...yeah, treadmill it is! Finally I got my running gear on. Grabbed some ice water and off I went.
Mile 1 - 10:49 (almost the same as my first in WI)
Mile 2 - 10:26
Average pace 10:37

Very similar paces to my run in WI. I should have known I could do it...afterall, the treadmill is a FLAT running surface, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment