Monday, August 16, 2010

11 miles today....ain't gonna happen

SO upset!

Woke up at 5am. Had half a granola bar and half a banana. Sipped water. Got dressed. Gathered all of my other essentials. Waited for the daylight to begin to peak thru. Walked out the door at 6am to my "start" corner. Ran .30 mile. Right calf seized up! NO! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING! Fine, I'll walk it off.
.39 miles...try to run. POP! OUCH! WHAT WAS THAT! OH, THAT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT! Walk, walk...no, this 11 mile run isn't going to happen today! BOOHOO! Every ounce of me wanted to rock this 11 miles...except my right calf. I'm headed to the chiro today to see what he says. I'm still just under 6 weeks out from the Omaha half. If I don't do further damage, I can still rock the half!

Off to lick my wounds...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you weren't able to do your 11 miles today. Glad you listened to your body though and realized today wasn't the day.

    I hope your calf doesn't pose anymore problems for you.

    I have 5 weeks until my half. My longest run was 8 miles so far. You have plenty of time to rock yours!!

    ReplyDelete