Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 day recap

I've been feeling quite drained lately. Not motivated to do much, including blog. So, it's catch up time.

I made a big decision on Sunday. I would start food journaling again. I know when I'm not journaling, I just don't pay attention to what I put in my mouth. I'm putting in some good time and effort into exercise and running right now and just hate the feeling that it's getting wasted because my food is not under control. I'm happy with how it's going so far. I'm trying to keep my calories at about 1600 for the day. I'm also being mindful of my macro-nutrients. Just trying to keep it a healthy balance. I was actually a bit low on calories yesterday by our early-James-is-on-nights dinner. So, I did do a bit of catch up during late night. I'm trying to not go overboard. Nighttime, and specifically when James is on nights, is especially hard for me. I get bored...I eat. I get stressed with the night time routine...I eat. So far, so good. A few indulgences here and there, but I think I'm on the right track. Still hoping to melt some more fat before the half though.

I decided Monday would be a rest day. Yep, no exercise at all.

Tuesday, I was feeling really guilty for taking Monday off. Knowing James would be on nights this week and I would not get to Curves much, I wanted to go to Curves...BUT, Tuesday is a scheduled run day (30 minutes). My compromise was to run 2.27 miles to Curves (25:20...11:11 pace!). Then do 3 rounds at Curves (about 39 minutes). I would have loved to run home to, but it was just TOO hot. I called James to pick me up. It was a really good workout though.

I've been so drained lately...heat? electrolyte imbalance? I don't know. Again on Wednesday, I decided to take the day off.

So, today, again I sleep in late, am dragging all day, no energy, no motivation...blah! Finally, Jewel is down for a nap. I got a quick snooze. About 2:00 I decide that I put it off long enough. Throw on my running gear. Set up the fan in front of the treadmill. Hey, it's like 96 degrees...I am NOT running outside! Got in 3 miles in 33 minutes. I followed this with Yoga for Runners.

I feel like my body is trying to tell me something, but I can't figure it out! I'm tired, hoping it's not "burned out" already. My right calf is STILL tight. My back hurts. I have a headache. Yeah, I should have gone to the chiro today. AND he's not in the office tomorrow. AND I will now have to do a long run on Monday morning without having been to the chiro.

Self doubt is starting to set in a little. BUT I will press on with my training schedule. Guess I just need to whine a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment