Sunday, August 1, 2010

finally...4 miles on the treadmill!

and it felt awesome! 4 miles! That's the longest I've run on the treadmill! Let's be honest. As hot as it is today, the treadmill actually seemed like a great idea. Plus I have some new gear to test out. I much prefer testing new gear out on the treadmill (especially shoes...just in case they need to be returned!). So here's what I'm sporting:
Nike Dri-Fit short sleeve shirt in dark pink (style 380938 color 639) (can't find it online!)
Reebok PlayDry black mesh skort (WAA00600) (can't find online)

I really like the Pearl Izumi Syncros. They don't fit like a glove like my Brooks Ariel do, but they feel pretty good so far. (plus I love how they look!)

As for the Nike Dri-fit shirt, I already have that one in white and absolutely love it. So, I knew this one would pass the test...plus it's cuter than white!

The Reebok PlayDry mesh skort that I picked up at Dick's for $25 (plus a $10 coupon!) was a decent price, but it's not an awesome running skort. I knew this going in though. I probably wouldn't wear it for running over 4-5 miles. The under-shorts ride up really badly. Again, I knew they would. So, I prepared by applying BodyGlide to both thighs. Other than that, it's pretty comfy and cute...and you can't beat the $15 I paid for it!

I picked up the socks at Peak Performance on clearance. So far I like them. I started to develop a blister on my 10 mile run on Tuesday. I thought it might be time to try out some decent socks other than cheap Wal-Mart and Target socks.

I cranked out these 4 miles rocking out to Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway. She rocks the treadmill! I forgot how much I love that CD!

So the stats (that I actually pretty proud to share today!):

4 miles in 44:03 (11:00 pace!)
Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:05
Mile 2 - 10:46
Mile 3 - 11:12
Mile 4 - 11:00

These splits may not be very accurate as it was on the treadmill and the stats roll thru instead of displaying the distance and time concurrently.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've picked up a lot of new running gear latelY!? Ha ha ha!! It's always fun trying out something new. Congrats on the 4m. The treadmill is almost all mental for me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete