Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sometimes you just have to use the husband's stick!

Towards the end of my last run (Tuesday), my calves were getting tight. I ran 3.5 miles today. At about 2.5 miles in my calves were feeling tight, especially the right side. I did get my 3.5 in though not as speedy as I would have liked (go figure!). The tenth of a mile walk home was actually fairly painful. My right calf was just so tight. I got home and told James about it right away. He suggested I use The Stick. I've used it a couple of times today. It's still tight. I'll keep trying to work it out.

I've been wearing FitFlops lately. I can't help but wonder if my legs are actually getting overworked. Either that or they're being worked and I'm not stretching them properly in the evening. Either way, I think this may be a good time to introduce some yoga.

So today's run's stats:

3.5 miles 41:17 (11:48 pace)
Mile 1 - 11:09
Mile 2 - 11:43
Mile 3 - 12:21
3.5 - 12:12

On non-running news, the kids and I had a great day at the zoo with old playgroup friends! Wonderful ladies and kids that we've known for about 8 years now! I LUV them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment