Monday, November 22, 2010

First cold weather run...

in a very long time! Heck, this was my first run outside in some time. And it felt really nice.

I woke up this morning, ate breakfast, and weighed myself. Then got really emotional. I cried to James that I'm scared out of my wits that I'm so close to 200 pounds again. I sulked, felt bad for myself. Then off I went about my day. I had a conference with Jewel's preschool teacher. The last few items were picked up at the grocery store for Thanksgiving dinner. Had a healthy lunch. I got Jewel down for a nap. I then came down stairs and caught up on my favorite running blogs. Then, all of a sudden, I'd had enough! When James woke up with Jewel (he's on nights, atm), I informed him that he was going pick up Sully from school...because I was going for a run! I needed it! I ran 3 miles in 35:16. I don't care about speed too much right now. I need to get some weight off. There are no races here locally in the near future to train for. So, right now...nice and slow. Good news is that this run proved to me that I can still pull off a 5k. Bad news is that I likely need to build back up to a 10k and beyond. No big deal. I'm pretty sure I'm a lifer! I got time. For now, I'm just gonna keep plugging away. For now, I run...just to run, er, and loose weight!

Oh, and that emotional meltdown this morning...probably hormonally induced...which it could explain a few extra pounds.

1 comment:

  1. Good job for getting back out there! Sometimes its a struggle, but I am ALWAYS glad afterwards =) And it's going to get COLD here very quickly, so I am trying to get all the outdoor runs in I can!! =)

    ReplyDelete