Thursday, July 21, 2011

balancing it out


Started out my morning turning off the alarm and going back to sleep. After five days with temperatures near 100 degrees, a thunderstorm rolled through. And I just wanted to sleep through it. When I finally got out of bed, I treated my self to cold overnight oats with strawberries and blueberries topped with 1/4 c lowfat granola 7 Points+



After taking the toddler to swimming lesson, we went to the public pool only to be told the twins swim team practice was cancelled (thunder rolling in). I decided that I needed to stop by the grocery store for a couple of things for dinner. Knowing that I wasn't having the healthiest dinner, I decided that a salad was in order for lunch. 7 Points+



Hung out at home today, doing laundry and vacuuming while the kids worked on reading homework for their summer reading class. Having not worked out yesterday, I was getting really antsy and needed a sweat! Kids home, hubby working 12 hour days. Treadmill it is! Haven't run on the treadmill in a long time! I accomplished 3 miles in 30:50 (10:16 pace). After a shower, I started dinner...not much effort, just threw some Nathan hotdogs in some canned steak chili. Here's my create-your-own-hotdog. Nathan bigger than the bun beef frank, topped with steak chili, colby jack, and crispy onions on a light bun (I ended up adding crisp jalapenos and sweet chili mustard) 12 Points+ So YUMMY and worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment