Saturday, July 16, 2011

Food blogging to keep me honest...


Yeah, I disappeared for a while. Lots of good news to report though. I'm still running. And faster too! (Look me up on DailyMile) I'm still losing weight, too! I've continued on with Weight Watchers PointsPlus. I track online and attend meeting on Wednesday morning still. As of July 13, I've lost 36.4 lbs since the beginning of the year. I currently weigh 152.6. My total weight loss since the birth of my youngest (September 2007) is 84lbs! I cannot imagine how I was living with an extra 84 pounds on my 5'2" frame...crazy! My goal weight (currently...it may change) is 137. I only have 15 pounds to lose to get to goal!

So, why am I back you ask? Good question. Since returning from vacation 2.5 weeks ago, I've been having a hard time being honest with my tracking. (And I really just miss blogging...I've been keeping up with reading what everyone one else has been up to). So, I've decided that I will start blogging my food, too. I'll still be talking about my running quite a bit. As well as the family and other happenings.

So, on to today's food:


Breakfast 7 PointsPlus



Overnight Cold Oats 5 PointsPlus

1/3 C Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (or mixture of other rolled cereals)
1/3 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or other milk or milk substitute)
1/4 C Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt (LOVE Trader Joes!) or fruit flavored
1/2 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein (optional)
1-2 pinches Chia Seed (optional)

Stir well. Refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, toss in fresh fruit for 0 PointsPlus. I usually opt for a couple of handfuls of blueberries and sliced strawberries. But I have, in the past, been hooked on a banana/strawberry/pineapple combo. Fresh picked mulberries stirred in are to die for! Be creative! Finally, top with something crunchy, if you choose. I like 1/4 C of Trader Joes Lowfat Vanilla Granola with Almonds for an additional 2 PointsPlus. I have cold, overnight oats just about every morning. So, you'll be seeing alot of these!

The twins had a reading class today from 11:45 to 200. So I had some of this:


as a late lunch/afternoon snack. A regular sized Tropical Pineapple Smoothie from Red Mango is 6 PointsPlus. I shared one with my youngest daughter. I'm counting 4 PointsPlus for this frosty treat!

So, I currently stand at 11 PointsPlus for the day. I'm allotted 29 for the day, with an extra 49 for the week if need be/wanted.

I'll be back later with something pretty for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment