Sunday, July 17, 2011

That's more like it!


I had a great day today! Let's start at the beginning. I'm not the only one in this household that loves cold overnight oats. Here's what I prepared last night:

The largest bowl contains my vanilla flavored oats (big bowl for leaving room to stir in lots of fruit in the morning). The other three containers are chocolate peanut butter oats for all three kids. Yep, my children ASK for overnight oats, too. I just wish I could eat chocolate peanut butter oats everyday!

Rolled out of bed this morning for a 4 miler. It was hot and humid and sticky and my legs for heavy and I didn't want to run, but I did! 4 miles in 42:39 (10:40 pace) It was a tough run, but it was done!

Here's my actual breakfast this morning:
Overnight Oats with strawberries and 1/4 c lowfat granola 7 Points+

Lunch was a bed of baby spring mix and butter lettuce topped with shredded carrots, ham, bacon bits, hard boiled egg, parmesan cheese and light parmesan ranch dressing 6 Points+

After lunch, the kids and I headed to the local running store (Peak Performance) to catch the Brooks Cavalcade of Curiosity Run Happy Tour

The kids were interested in seeing the world's biggest shoe:

As cool as that was, I was more interested in getting my gait analyzed. On the upper level of the bus, I ran barefoot on a treadmill for about a minute. All the while a video camera captured my every move. In the end, I was told that I was a moderate overpronater. I was asked what shoe I'm currently wear. I responded the Brooks Ariel, only to be told that, "That's a little too much shoe for you." THANK YOU! They've been feeling heavy and clunky. As a matter of fact, I've been cheating on them for sometime now with Puma Itana (but they've been blistering me occasionally). He handed me my prescription suggesting that I try out Brooks Adrenaline. What's a runner to do besides march right into that store and test drive the Adrenaline??? Of course, that's what I did. And I came home with them! And two pair of socks! And a bra! (But I'm wearing it. SO, I'll spare you the picture.)

Lovely, right?

After the adventure at the running store, the kids and I headed to the pool...well, because it was over 100 degrees here today. While there I snacked on this:

Iron Girl Energy Bar 4 Points+

After the pool, we headed home for dinner. I didn't know what to cook, besides the chicken defrosting the fridge. Everyone (9 year old twins included) decided that salads sounded great. I really had to bulk this one up to catch up some points.

Baby spring mix and butter lettuce topped with 3 oz chicken breast, carrots, bacon bits, parmesan cheese, hard boiled egg and TraderJoe's light champagne vinaigrette 8 Points+

So, having 4 Points+ left for the day, Layla convinced me to bake off a few fundraiser cookies. I had one.

One reduced fat chocolate chip cookie 4 Points+

So, I'm ending the day at 29 Points +...success!

Off to make oats for the morning.


2 comments:

  1. I have GOT to try these overnight oats! I like oatmeal, but this time of year cold breakfasts are what I'm more interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete