Thursday, July 28, 2011

what happened to weigh in Wednesday?

Citywide Swim Meet
I was super busy yesterday preparing for the twins final swim meet of the season. I did make it to my Weight Watchers meeting in the morning though. I weighed in at 151.4 (a .6 pound weight loss for the week). I'll take it. What I have learned this week is that I still have alot to learn about fueling my body for long runs and recovering my body also. I hoping to see some big numbers again soon, but in a ll honesty, I'm not surprised by the small numbers I've been seeing lately. Like with any program, you get out what you put in. If you kind of do it, it kind of works. If you really do it...it really works.
Parting words from the WW meeting


On the running front: After spending much of Tuesday in a funk, I decided to do something about it. I hopped on the treadmill for 3 miles (average pace of 10:23). Ah, that's better! Shortly after my run, the UPS man made a special delivery to me!

Aren't they pretty?

When I had my gait analyzed by the Brooks people, one Brooks professional told me that if I liked the Adrenaline, I would love the Trance. She said the Trance were the Cadillac of the Adrenaline. For perspective, the Adrenaline retail for about $100...the Trance for about $140. Problem was that Peak Performance (the store I was at) doesn't carry the Trance. What's a girl to do? My husband often times gets our shoes at Running Warehouse. I went on to running warehouse and scored last season's Trance for $75...oh, yes, I did! Sweeter??? I paid for them with gift cards that my hubby bought for 50% around the holidays. $140 shoes for $38...yes, thank you!

I haven't tried them out yet. I letting myself get used to the Adrenaline first. But they feel just like the Adrenaline...a little cushier maybe. Although, they do both weigh the same. I think they are prettier than the red Adrenaline. The Adrenaline are also too white, for my taste. I prefer that these are more grey.

Although, we had a busy day yesterday with the swim meet. When we got home after 8:00, I felt like running. It was a crazy hot day yesterday. At 8:30PM it was still 90 degrees. I didn't know what I had in me. I decided I was going to run my typical 3 mile out and back route...fairly hilly. It was feeling surprisingly good. I kept push the pace the whole time...something I haven't been able to do lately with this heat. I ended this run with an average pace of 9:46. I hadn't run that fast in a month. It was a 10k race in Wisconsin (flat!) at 8:00AM with temps in the upper 50's...perfect conditions. Yesterday's conditions were far less than perfect, but I still pulled a great pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment